Santa Clara Case Study
Instument Manager Provides Tailored Approach for Hematology Workflows
For Santa Clara Valley Medical Center’s Laboratory Hematology Department, an investment in new hematology analyzers and a laboratory information system was just the beginning. After adding autoverification with Data Innovations® Instrument Manager™, the laboratory increased value to its patients by automating a manual, time-consuming, and resource-intensive process.
- Trauma Center
- Burn Center
- Hematology-Oncology Clinic
- Rehabilitation Services
Over 1 million Tests annually
(200,000 in hematology)
Sysmex / Cellavision
- Santa Clara adopted their own rules set to fit their unique workflow. In concurrance with industry best practices they were able to adopt their new Instrument Manager system to dramatically improve their hematology laboratory.
- Achieved 83% autoverification rate after initial installation
- After rules writing training, they now have the knowledge to further increase autoverifcation levels.
- 46% Reduction in turn-around time
- 52 minutes to 28 minutes