Data Innovations is excited to offer free webinars to customers and business partners every month!
Webinars are presented on a variety of topics so attend just one or all of them. Webinars are easy to register for and simple to join when the time comes. Archived recordings and presentations are also available for free download if a webinar is not offered during a time convenient for you. Currently offered webinars are listeed below.
The Inspection Survival Guide: How to Navigate a Laboratory Inspection with Middleware
Your middleware is up and running and you are already seeing the benefits of autoverification with improved turnaround times, improved employee satisfaction and less chaos in your lab. You already have plans to expand middleware to your next workarea, but your CAP window is about to open.
Navigating the ins and outs of an inspection can be daunting. Even though middleware has helped to standardize and automate many of your lab processes, you have also increased your regulatory compliance burden. Since there is no one, right way to address a CAP inspection, knowledge sharing is the next best thing. Join us for a webinar that will walk you through the key parts of the CAP™ checklists as it relates to middleware from someone who has been the inspector and the inspected for over 20 years and more than 10 year's experience with autoverification.
During this webinar we will discuss:
- Review the following CAP Checklist(s):
- Lab General (8.17.16)
- All Common (8.17.16)
- Hematology and Coagulation (8.17.16)
- Chemistry and Toxicology (8.17.16)
- Using tools within Instrument Manager
- Specimen Event Log (SEL), Audit Trail and Specimen Tracking
- Rules Testing Mechanism
Data Innovations wants to help you prepare for next audit and provide helpful information on how to construct the "Evidence of Compliance" necessary to make your CAP inspection as successful as possible.
CAP is trademark by College of American Pathologists, Northfield, IL, 60093.
IM 8.15 New Features & Functionalities
Find out what is new in Instrument Manager v8.15
Data Innovations is excited to announce the upcoming release of Instrument Manager (IM) v8.15. Before the release we want to give our customers and partners a first glimpse into the new features and functionalities that will be included in this release.
This one hour webinar will highlight:
- Two new options for your databases redundancy solution
- High Availability mirroring is an automatic failover functionality in IM. This is beneficial if your primary fails, then the failover IM system can take over as the active primary IM system automatically.
- Disaster Recovery mirroring provides the same backup solution but is a manual process to failover
- Enhanced Specimen Event Log (SEL) with Simplified Traceability
- Displays a simplified view of time-stamped specimen and test events related to a selected specimen
- Updated security settings to prevent free text in coded entry fields
- Simplified upgrading and installation processes
- Shared orders database for lab portability
IT Webinar Series - Diagnostics Tools and RD Web
Data Innovations is continuing our series of IT webinars with a multi-part webinar focused on high level usage of the diagnostics tools related to Instrument Manager™ (IM). We review what is RD Web and the advantages of RD Web over normal Thin Clients, including the deployment of each. The intended audience are those in the laboratory and/or IT departments responsible for setup, configuring and maintaining Instrument Manager in the clinical laboratory environment.
The presentation discusses:
- IM Diagnostic Tools – What They Are and What They Do
- Communications Trace
- Specimen Event Log (SEL)
- System Log
- Loopback Test
- Basic troubleshooting
- Accessing Instrument Manager via Web Browser vs. Thin Client
- Upgrading or Deploying with RD Web vs. Thin Client
- Thin client pulls web help from server now, not loaded locally.
Automated Proficiency Test Reporting
Manual entry of proficiency testing is time consuming and prone to errors. You can truly automate the process by sending the results directly from the instruments to CAP's e-LAB Solutions web portal. Automatically transmitting the results eliminates the need for manual transcription, reducing PT failures and delivering results faster than ever before.
Laboratories benefit from running CAP Proficiency Testing (PT) more like a patient specimen by:
- Significantly reducing clerical errors responsible for nearly 40% of all PT failures*
- Reducing the time and resources necessary to run PT
- Re-allocating staff time to more patient-centric activities
During this session, attendees will learn more about e-LAB Solutions Connect™ - including benefits, requirements, and how to get started.
Introducing the Next Generation Hematology Workcell Webinar
Join Data Innovations for a free webinar to discover the next generation hematology workcell that is available with Instrument Manager v8.12. This one hour presentation will show you:
- Overall enhancements to Specimen Management Workspace
- Enhanced hematology workflow
- New actions that have been added to aid workflow
- How to view multiple runs of analyzer results side-by-side
- The streamlined processes to release/reject/rerun hematology results
IT Webinar Series – Daylight Savings, Third Party Antivirus and Test Systems
Data Innovations is beginning a new, multi-part webinar series that is focused on the Information Technology (IT) side of Instrument Manager™ rather than features and benefits of specific functionality. The intended audience are those in the laboratory and/or IT departments responsible for setup, configuring and maintaining Instrument Manager in the clinical laboratory environment. The webinar topics selected for this series are some of the most frequently asked questions about Instrument Manager. The first webinar in this series will focus on:Daylight Savings Time - 10 Minutes
- We will discuss how to change DST and stopping IM/Cache and why this is important. As well as address any concerns from the IM/Cache perspective.
- We will explore what exclusions are required, why isn’t it easy to explicitly list all locations in the manual and why do we need to exclude these directories/files.
- During this segment you will learn about deploying Live and Test Instrument Manager systems. We will discuss how to configure the systems so that test and live patient specimens are processed appropriately and how to handle new instrument setups, application builds and system upgrades and the benefits of validation and verification on a test system.
Come explore the other side of Instrument Manager during this one hour presentation. There will also be a Q&A session at the conclusion of the webinar where you will have the opportunity to ask the experts questions relating to the topics from each session.
IT Webinar Series - Shutting Down IM, Applying Patches, Security Keys and Upgrading IM
Data Innovations is continuing our series of IT webinars with a multi-part webinar focused on four new topics related to Instrument Manager™. The intended audience are those in the laboratory and/or IT departments responsible for setup, configuring and maintaining Instrument Manager in the clinical laboratory environment. The webinar topics selected for this series are critical in understanding the proper process and procedure for applying and executing upgrades and patches for Instrument Manager.
This IT series will focus on:
- Shutting Down Instrument Manager and Cache - 5 minutes
We will review the correct process for shutting down IM and Cache.This was a common question from our first IT webinar series and we wanted to review the process step by step.
- How to apply Microsoft® patches - 10 Minutes
Every month DI sends out a notice that the Microsoft Security updates have been installed and tested. This segment will review the instructions how to validate and apply OS patches.
- How to manage security key replacements – 10 minutes
We will explore the difference between hard keys and soft keys and how to change or replace keys.
- Executing an IM core upgrade - 35 Minutes
During this segment you will learn about core enhancements vs. patch upgrades as well as how to process the upgrade. We will go through the preparation needed for an upgrade, abbreviated instructions on how to do the upgrade, including thin clients and shadow systems.
Come explore the other side of Instrument Manager. There will also be a Q&A session at the conclusion of the webinar where you will have the opportunity to ask the experts questions relating to the topics from each session.
What is New in Instrument Manager v8.14
In November 2015 Data Innovations released Instrument Manager Version 8.14. This release features new updates to Laboratory Intelligence, Rules Processing, third-party QC integration and SM Workspace screens. We are excited to deliver a free 1 hour webinar outlining the new features and functionality of this version.
Join us to discuss:
- The enhancements to the rules capabilities that can help you improve your workflow efficiency and increase your percentage of autoverification
- The updates made to SM Workspace including customization and updated filter logic
- The introduction of Open QC Framework which allows third-party vendors and LIS/LIMS vendors to develop or expand their Quality Control software integration with Instrument Manager
- Updates to the Laboratory Intelligence module that allows you to data mine the long-term archive database of Instrument Manager in addition to the production database
Download the recording today to hear the Director of Development go through the newest version of IM and what it means for you. With these updates we continue to deliver tomorrow's lab, today.
What is New in Instrument Manager v8.14.10
Recently, Data Innovations released Instrument Manager Version 8.14.10. This release features new updates to Specimen Routing and Test Code Mapping, as well as improvements to the Specimen Management Workspace. This free, 30 minute webinar will demo the changes made in IM 8.14.10 and how these enhancements improve efficiency.
Join us to discuss:
- Editing configurations in Specimen Routing (SR)
- IHE Law Support
- Improvements to Test Code Mapping when ordering multiple occurrences of tests
- Importing and Exporting Color Formatting
- Run Pane Improvements
- Using Specimen Warnings
Register today to hear the Director of Development go through the newest version of IM and what it means for you. With these updates we continue to deliver tomorrow's lab, today.
EP Evaluator 12.0 Overview Webinar
It's Easy Peasy
Following the release of EP Evaluator (EE)12.0, Data Innovations is hosting a webinar to review all the new features and functionality that have been added and enhanced.
During this webinar we will review:
- The new statistical module EP09-A3 that has advanced statistical analysis capability in accordance with the methods described in CLSI protocol EP09-A3 (2013) "Measurement Procedure Comparison and Bias Estimation Using Patient Samples.”
- Online help that is now context-sensitive help along with a number of other enhancements.
- Added multifunction desktop quick help buttons
- Benefits of upgrading to EE 12.0
Join us on November 29, 2017 @ 1:00 Central Standard Time to learn more about the new release of EE 12.0
Automated Data Acquisition with EP Evaluator
Focus your time on measuring your lab's performance
Save hours of time and frustration by automating data acquisition from the leading middleware product, Instrument Manager, to EP Evaluator. Attend Data Innovation's FREE, one-hour and informative webinar to learn:
- Benefits of automated data acquisition
- How to connect EP Evaluator with Instrument Manager
- Step-by-Step using EP Evaluator wizard to acquire data from Instrument Manager
- Minimum requirements needed for integration
Discover the New Features in EP Evaluator 11.0
Are you an EP Evaluator® customer that is using version 8 or below? If so, you are missing out on significant features released over the last three years. See what is new with EE Release 11:
- Incident tracking enhancements
- 10 different ways to import or enter data
- Multiple Instrument Comparison (MIC) able to compare specimens with some missing results across instruments
- Data capture directly from Instrument Manager™
- Simple Accuracy using two standard levels with target ranges
- New Competency Assessment module
- New Stability Module
- New Factor Sensitivity Module
- Enhancements to the Simple Inventory Module
- Composite reports
- And more!
Accessing Your Lab's Data in Real Time
Getting access to lab operational data has typically been an arduous, manual and time consuming task. This scalable solution can benefit the smallest lab to the largest integrated health networks with multiple, disparate information systems.
Laboratory Intelligence (Lab Intel), released with Instrument Manager Version 8.13, is the future of performance management in the laboratory. With fully customizable dashboards, you can now have access to timely, actionable performance metrics. It provides a snapshot of laboratory operations that helps lab management focus on key operational issues.
Data Innovations is hosting a 1 hour webinar that will focus on:
- How Lab Intel can benefit you and your lab
- Pre-configured Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and customizable dashboards
- Metrics that can be monitored with Lab Intel
- What you need to get started
During this session, attendees will learn more about e-LAB Solutions Connect™ - including benefits, requirements, and how to get started.
How Today's Chemistry Lab is Utilizing Laboratory Intelligence
We understand that getting access to lab operational data has typically been an arduous, manual and time consuming task. But with Laboratory Intelligence you can now have an insight in to your lab’s performance, allowing you to access timely, actionable performance metrics. This scalable solution can benefit the smallest lab to the largest integrated health networks with multiple, disparate information systems.
As a non-profit academic health center serving a patient population of 1.9 million as well as 30 outpatient clinic locations across multiple states, they understand that their operations need to run a smoothly and efficiently as possible. Having access to timely, actionable performance metrics. It provides a snapshot of laboratory operations that helps lab management focus on key operational issues.
During this webinar we will go through how this high profile site:
- Was able to quantify their performance metrics
- Was able to customize dashboards to produce real-time reports and monitor productivity and improve their clinical chemistry operations
- Used Laboratory Intelligence adjust draw times, perform scheduled instrument maintenance and determine bench staffing levels and times to match volume and turn-around times
- Was able to increase Autoverification levels based on information discerned from the Laboratory Intelligence reports
Getting Started with Moving Averages
This is only for customers who have purchased Moving Averages and/or Moving Medians
Start monitoring your laboratory's analytical performance in less than an hour. Do you currently have Moving Averages and/or Moving Medians to monitor analytical performance in your lab? Attend Data Innovations free, one hour, and informative webinar to learn:
- Step-by-Step process to start using Moving Averages in under an hour
- Benefits of Moving Averages
- Best practices for implementing and running Moving Averages
Learn How Moving Averages Can Help Enhance Quality Control and Improve Your Laboratory
Ever wonder what Moving Averages can do for you and your lab? Have you wondered what type of investment and time it would take to get up running? Get the answers to your questions by attending a free webinar by Data Innovations. During this 1 hour presentation you will learn:
- What Moving Averages can do for you
- Benefits to using Moving Averages
- How Moving Averages can complement your Quality Assurance initiatives
- Quick steps to getting up and running with Moving Averages
- Additional algorithms that are now available with the release of IM 8.12.20
Quality Control with Bio-Rad Unity Real Time
As a laboratory professional you understand the importance of quality control and helping to maintain the integrity of your laboratory's results. So what if we told you that we could make this part of your job just a bit easier, reducing the data errors and provide QC feedback in real-time? With Instrument Manager™ and Bio-Rad's Unity Real Time®, you get an integrated Quality Control solution that allows you to:
- Automatically and instantly enter QC results into Unity Real Time®
- Immediate Westgard QC rules evaluation
- Statistical review, documentation and analysis across all controls across your enterprise
- Web-based, peer grouping via Bio-Rad's QCNet™
- Get On-demand interlaboratory comparison reports for real-time troubleshooting
Not only can you instantly send QC results to Unity Real Time® but Data Innovations is the only middleware company to offer the ability to instantly receive the results of the QC evaluation from Unity Real Time - electronically and automatically so that you can incorporate into your workflow. This allows you to alter your results production by notifying appropriate personnel and add comments/flags to patient results for specific tests and instruments based on the type of QC failure detected, even if you have not implemented autoverification.
By attending this free webinar you will learn:
- High level overview of Bio-Rad Unity Real Time
- Quick overview of how to integrate Instrument Manager with Bio-Rad Unity Real Time
- Example of rules to integrate Bio-Rad Unity Real Time
The University of Iowa Talks Autoverification in Clinical Chemistry
Using Autoverification allows your laboratory to automate the review and release of patient results based on your predefined criteria. But ask yourself, “Are you getting the level of productivity and efficiency you could?” What level of automation am I achieving? 40%, 50%, 60%?
Join Dr. Matthew Krasowski of The University of Iowa as he discusses their journey from 40% autoverification with their LIS to over 99% using middleware. In addition, Dr. Krasowski will discuss:
- The University of Iowa’s experience with Autoverification
- Increasing billables per tech by 32% while volume increased by 18+%
- The University of Iowa's best practices for a high rate of Autoverification
- Catching rare events that elude low levels of autoverification
- And more
Matthew D. Krasowski, MD, PhD is a pathologist and Director of Clinical Laboratories in the Department of Pathology at The University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics. Prior to moving to Iowa in July 2009, he spent four years at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center as director of the Toxicology and Therapeutic Drug Monitoring laboratory. He has interest in the use of informatics to improve clinical laboratory efficiency and quality.
Vancouver Coastal Presents Autoverification in Hematology
Vancouver Coastal is an Academic Health Science Centre that processes approximately 1200 CBC's daily. With that amount of volume they needed to find a way to increase turnaround time and productivity, while still maintaining quality. With the implementation of Autoverification and Sysmex Hematology instruments, Vancouver Coastal was able to:
- Have a 95% Autoverification rate
- Have a 34% Reduction in TAT
- Create rules for Departmental Specialties
- Change instruments - Revised Rules in 2 days
- Tightly integrate CellaVision within the workflow
- Move the lab towards a paperless system
Join Data Innovations and Vancouver Coastal Health for a webinar that will walk through the process of evaluating and implementing Autoverification as well as an overview of the implementation process.
Autoverification can help save you time and money by freeing up valuable resources in the laboratory by focusing on the true exceptions. Let Vancouver Coastal show you how they did it.