November 30, 2017 - SOUTH BURLINGTON, VT
Data Innovations (DI) announces the release of version 8.15.10 of Instrument Manager (IM), the latest version of the leading middleware product. This version is a maintenance release featuring new functionality added to Specimen Management Workspace (SM Workspace) as well as updates to the user interface for Rules Processing.
New functionality has been added to SM Workspace to allow the request and recording of the verbal read back of results when the critical results are communicated to the respondent (physician or other clinical personnel responsible for the patient’s care) by phone. Depending on how laboratories need to track these critical results, Instrument Manager supports two Read Back Workflows (controlled by System Security):
- Readback is required for critical results, and these results cannot be released before the readback is performed or,
- Read back is required for critical results and these results can be released before read back is performed.
There have also been enhancements made to the Specimen Management configuration that now supports the ability to:
- Coded Entry Setup: Import and export of coded entries configuration.
- Test Profile Setup: Import and export the Test Configuration, Profile Configuration, Display Order, and Image Display Order with a single, tab-delimited text file.
- Specimen ID Algorithm Setup: Set Default Request ID equal to Specimen ID to help sites that use unique Specimen IDs.
Also, the Rules Processing user interface was updated to provide more information to the user at a glance. This allows the ability to display the number of rules that are below a parent rule. Also, upon opening a configuration, Rules Processing now displays all locations that include at least one rule.
“With each release of IM we continue to build on our core principles of delivering tomorrow’s laboratory, today. Our company remains at the forefront of innovation for laboratory solutions, bringing our customers the functionality that will help make them more successful and ultimately provide better care for their patients.” Premila Peters, President, Data Innovations
For more information about version 8.15.10 of Instrument Manager, go to im.datainnovations.com or contact our regional Sales & Marketing Departments. If you purchased Instrument Manager from one of our business partners, please contact them for support.